Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Author Interview: Nicola Yoon

Wow! It's been quite some time since I made a blog post and I must admit, it's going to be kind of interesting trying to put myself back into the swing of things!

First and foremost, I am going to be completely redesigning my blog! I'd like to have something a little more professional and I think it'll be nice for my followers.

Second, today's blog post will be an awesome interview with an author! Several months ago, I had the wonderful opportunity to read an advanced copy of, Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. I fell completely in love with story and sent an email to Nicola asking if I might be able to ask her some questions in anticipation for her September 1st publication. Nicola was so gracious and agreed and answered 10 questions! 8 book related and 2 more personal related. I will go ahead and leave the interview down below and leave a link to a Goodreads review of the book! Happy reading! - Rachel

1.If you had to do it again, is there any aspect of your novel that you would change?

N: Yes, I would make certain scenes a little longer, but I'm not going to say which ones! :)

2. What was your favorite part your novel to write about?

N: It's hard to choose! I really enjoyed writing the IM scenes between Maddy & Olly. It was fun making them fall in love with each other's minds first.

3. What kind of research did you do for Everything, Everything.?

N: I did research on severe allergies and on SCID. Strangely, what I took away from all my medical research is that the human will to live and thrive is really strong.

4. Are there any authors that have inspired you?

N: Yes, lots! Toni Morrison, Haruki Murakami, Alice Munro, J.D. Salinger, F. Scott Fitzgerald and many, many more.

5. Did you always know that your book would end the way that it did?

N:Yes! I knew the end almost as soon as I knew the beginning.

6. Who was your favorite character to create/write about?

N: Madeline.

7. If you could collaborate with any authors who would they be?

N: My husband are planning to write a book together. We've talked about doing this for years but we've finally hit upon an idea that we're both super excited about.

8. As a mother writing Maddy's mother's character, was it hard to write her feelings and ultimately what we find out about her?

N: Oh yes! I admit to crying A LOT while writing some of those scenes.

9. What are some of your pet peeves?

N: People who don't say thank you when you hold a door open for them. OMG, it drives me up the wall!

10. What has been your most memorable fan moment or you most memorable event so far in your published journey?

N: My favorite fan moments are always at the signings. I really love getting to meet and chat with people. Fans of the book have been so incredibly positive and generous. I'm really honored when I get to meet them in person. Some other things I've loved is getting to meet and fangirl some incredible writers - Jacqueline Woodson, Jandy Nelson, David Levithan and Rainbow Rowell to name a few. I've also formed some wonderful friendships other 2015 debut writers like myself and I'm so grateful for those. 

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon  Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1300896593

No comments:

Post a Comment